Thursday 5 September 2013

A mistake - costly...

Friday's back in and rolling! Instead of Stu coming in this morning Andy came in and sorted me out, Stu's on a secret course, I shouldn't be telling anyone, anyway it's not a secret! The first thing we got to work with was the chilly bin for me old man Dad!! The next step was to make that front and back for the chilly bin. To cut the stainless steel I was using a massive machine that cut steel.The measurements were 303cm so that was hopefully the height. The next machine was called a tack welder which make a small tack and it melted the two materials together. But we were on little millimeter over!!! Andy said that's fine! We were finished as soon as possible and Andy gave me an idea of making the rear end have a semi- circle to make it come out. The second machine I used curled steel. The way it worked was that it shaped the material and to make it whatever you wanted. It started bouncing up and down and I jumped like a wallaby! By then it was time to go home. I took my overalls off and and carried on with my blogging.

Your blogger,
Thomas out   

No comments:

Post a Comment